BLESSINGS

BLESSINGS

Monday, December 07, 2009

Happy Fifth Anniversary (and Thanksgiving!)


This was of course a couple of weeks ago.. but our fifth anniversary fell on Thanksgiving this year! Seemed appropriate to me as our marriage is definitely one of the things I am most thankful for! It's always nice too (well.. for now since we live near family!) because not only do I know Cody will have some time off but so will family who can watch Ansel so we can have a date!
It's crazy how much can happen in five years! We've been through a lot together and have grown stronger through it all. I'm very lucky to be blessed with such a great husband who's also such a great father, and I am grateful to him for all the support he gives me. Our decision to have another baby after the crazy pregnancy with Ansel wasn't an easy one (esp. with the incredible support from doctors... haha), but talking and praying together about it reminded me of how important marriage is. (Not just by having a family, but by growing together through making those important decisions together and helping each other strengthen our faith.) Before I got married, it seemed so easy to just pray about things and make my own decisions about what I would do in life... but it's definitely been a learning experience to have to work with someone else in order to make those important life decisions! I'm so grateful though I've been blessed with the opportunity to do that, and for someone who shares my same goals, values and beliefs. It makes life much easier! I love you babe!

2 comments:

djwillden said...

I was just thinking about how different it is to make decisions together instead of all by yourself when we were single. It's more difficult but nice to have someone to work with. I'm glad you decided to have the second baby and I hope that everything goes smoothly for you! Thanks again for coming to my shower.

Michelle C said...

How sweet!! Happy Anniversary! Marriage truly is a learning experience! I hope your pregnancy continues to go well! Can't wait to see this little one!